Our wedding will take place at 6 p.m. at the Boathouse in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park. Transportation will be provided to and from the Nu Hotel. The Boathouse is located at the Audubon Center inside the Lincoln Road/Ocean Avenue entrance. Walk along the roadway, cross the Drive and continue following the path downhill through the Cleft Ridge Span Bridge. Here are the directions & a map.
The ceremony will begin promptly at 6 p.m., followed by cocktails, dinner & dancing.
Have fun while you’re in town. Here’s our list of things to do.
EATING & DRINKING:
- Mile End Delicatessen: A Jewish deli in the heart of Brooklyn. 97 Hoyt Street. Boerum Hill (718-852-7510).
- Sottocasa Pizza: A charming neighborhood Neapolitan-style pizzeria. 298 Atlantic Ave. Boerum Hill. (718-852-8758)
- Colonie: One of our favorite restaurants, serving fresh, seasonal food. 127 Atlantic Ave. Brooklyn Heights. (718-855-7500)
- Seersucker: Southern-style food with a twist, right around the corner from our apartment. 329 Smith St. Carroll Gardens.
- Littleneck: New England-style seafood shack. 288 3rd Ave. Gowanus. (718-522-1921)
- Frankie’s 457: Simple, delicious Italian food. 457 Court St. Carroll Gardens (718-403-0033).
- Bien Cuit: Breakfast pastries, tarts, sandwiches, quiche, cookies, and more. 120 Smith St. Cobble Hill. (718-852-0200).
- Brooklyn Social: Enjoy a cocktail in the backyard or at the bar of this social club. 335 Smith St. Carroll Gardens.
- Bookcourt: Pay a visit to this charming independent bookstore. Buy something for your trip home (or if you get bored at the wedding)! 163 Court St. (718-875-3677).
- Literary walking tour: From Boerum Hill to the Brooklyn Bridge, take a walking tour of our neighborhood’s literary history.
- Brooklyn Heights promenade: Make this picturesque walk, south of the Brooklyn Bridge, along streets lined with brownstones. (Norman Mailer once lived here, near Pineapple St.)
- Brooklyn Bridge: Walk across! And then come back.
- Brooklyn Museum of Art: Visit one of the oldest, largest museums in the US. Catch an current exhibit or permanent installation. 200 Eastern Parkway (718-638-5000).
- Jane’s Carousel: Visit this restored historical Carousel in DUMBO, housed in a pavilion designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Jean Nouvel. Afterwards, grab French pastries at Almondine, or cookies at One Girl Cookies.
- Go for a run: South Brooklyn Running club has several great runs in the area.
- Gowanus Canals: Pretend like you’re in an underdeveloped Amsterdam, or Venice Beach, and visit the weirdly fascinating Gowanus Canal.
We have blocked a series of rooms at the Nu Hotel in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Call 718-852-8585 to make a reservation and reference Cavnar/FitzGerald wedding. The Nu Hotel is located at 85 Smith Street at Atlantic Ave. On Saturday, we will provide transportation to and from the hotel and the Boathouse.
Welcome to our wedding Tumblr. We’ll be posting information on the weekend’s festivities here. We are looking forward to seeing you in September.